Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why a blog?

So the reason I'm starting this blog is actually quite simple. The addiction recovery (12 step) program has as it's last step "Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, share this message with others and practice these principles in all you do." I haven't done all of the steps yet, but I feel it'd be easier to make this blog as I take the steps than to finish everything and try to remember thoughts and feelings etc.(You can download the PDF of the twelve step program here.)

According to my Mission President this scripture "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. (James 5:20)" teaches that as we help others come unto Christ and repent of their sins we receive forgiveness for our own mistakes and errors. I hope that through this blog I will be able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to help others with their weaknesses and show them that they are not alone and that no one is beyond the power of the Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment