Thursday, April 4, 2013

Step 2 Hope

 
HOPE
KEY PRINCIPLE: Come to believe that the power
of God can restore you to complete spiritual
health.
 
 
Step two is comes down to having faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ and having an understanding and Hope that you can recover. 
 
“However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.”

Jeffrey R. Holland

At this point in my recovery process I still have breakdowns, I still make mistakes, some days I just wonder to myself when will it all work out. I don't know when, if ever in this lifetime, I'll be able to rebuild that bridge of trust, but I do know that through the infinite atonement I will (1) be forgiven, (2) be able to forgive myself, (3) be healed from this addiction. With Easter recently behind us I'm very greatful for His sacrifice. It won't be an easy road we were never told it would be easy but rather that we'd have opportunities to grow and progress.

 And if thou shouldst be cast into the apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

  
"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." –unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment